Yes, it's almost that time again... EclipseCon 2009 starts with a bang on Monday. Can you believe it? It's already here!!
I head out to the (hopefully sunny) state of California on Sunday morning early for a boatload of meetings that afternoon and then DTP has a tutorial bright and early Monday morning at 8am.
But I thought I'd fill everyone in on what's cool in the world of DTP at EclipseCon this year...
We have our tutorial obviously -- "Using and Extending Eclipse Data Tools (DTP)" on Monday morning at 8am. If you're planning on attending, please check out the list of pre-requisites. We'll start with the DTP tooling, talk about DTP APIs, and then go a bit into how to extend the ODA and SQL editor for your own particular uses. Linda Chan (Actuate), Brian Payton (IBM), and myself will be presenting.
We also have a couple of long talks...
- "DTPtv and Other Wacky Ideas" (My talk merging DTP and YouTube... yeah, you read that right!)
- "Generating intelligent data access widgets" (Our friends at Ingres talking about some cool new functionality built on DTP.)
- The curated session with all of these short talks is "Data Tools from Users to Commercial Extenders"
- Included in this set of short talks:
- "Access your data without Eclipse clutter!" (more from our friends at Ingres)
- "Getting started with the DTP SQL Query Builder" (Brian Payton - IBM)
- "IBM pureQuery: leveraging the DTP project to integrate Java and SQL development" (Brian Payton - IBM)
Eclipse Community Spotlight panel at the end of the conference, you'll get to see a bunch of us talking about what's going on in the world of Eclipse.
So be sure to check us out while you're at EclipseCon! I hope to see you there!