Friday, December 19, 2008

Data Tools at EclipseCon 2009

Hey all!

Yes, the holidays are almost upon us... But even better than that, EclipseCon 2009 is just around the corner! (Ok, maybe not RIGHT around the corner, but three months will zip by in no time.)

This year in the Data Tools track we have a tutorial coming up and bunch of cool talks from a number of different directions.

Though I'm helping with the tutorial this year and moderating a block of short talks, I also am talking about how to use DTP to connect to something other than a database. After all, not all data is in databases!

My long talk this year will show how DTP and the Data Source Explorer can be used for searching and viewing YouTube videos in Eclipse. How do these two worlds meet? Come to my talk and find out!

Besides that, I get to moderate a set of three cool short talks. These bright folks will talk about how DTP is being used in RCP as a database developer's type of tool, what's going on with the SQL Query Builder in Galileo, and how DTP is being used in cool ways by a commercial application.

So be sure to check out some of our talks this year! In another post, I'll talk some about what to expect from our tutorial and some of the other cool talks going on at EC2009 that I'm excited about!

Register today and don't forget to reserve a room at the hotel (it fills up fast!)!

Happy Holidays to all!
--Fitz

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this post way too late and I hope you can still manage to do this conference once again.

dissertation-writing-help.org

a.danna said...

I'd love to know more about what you have to say and I am thinking about following your request. I am sure it will be an experience I could use in my future career. This writing service resource will help as well.

aliyaa said...

Interesting topic you are discussing and i want to add buddypress plugin development which will also a plus point to know various things about plugin.

Gabroo said...

There is the area of the DTP news and the views where you can enjoy the data tools at the ExlipseCon. Just find the best area of the tools track and make your vision broad. Get the link of http://www.ukraineoutsourcingrates.com/top-it-outsourcing-companies-ranking-in-sumy/ and enjoy the better directions here.